Thursday, October 18, 2007

Aunt Lena has PLENTY to say...


Aunt Lena

Family has always been important to me. There is no way that I would ever turn my back on my family. So I knew what I had to do when my sister was not in her right mind to care for my niece. I love Mia as if she was my own. She and my son were raised like brother and sister instead of cousins. It's hard enough to be a single mother raising a son, and now added to the mix is me taking care of my niece while my twin sister, Patrice gets herself together.Really, Mia's father should be here taking responsibility for his own child. But you can't squeeze water from a rock. I wonder what he was thinking leaving the way he did? This child needs him desperately. Don't get me wrong, Mia's a good girl, but kids nowadays have a big chance of making that turn down the wrong road. That's why I keep my own son, Mookie so close to me. I know what happens when these young kids mess around in these streets.Mia can stay as long as she has to. My home is always open. I'm just praying everyday that my sister understands that there is a good reason for her to take the medication that her doctor prescribed for her. She needs to be stable enough to be a parent to her child since Mia's father is obviously not going to step up to the plate. I just pray for the strength to raise these two kids to do their best and be positive and productive. I know things can get crazy and it's no joke out in these streets. If my job in the family is to be the peace maker, then so be it. I know I just have to make things work out for the best.

Promises Made, Promises Kept

http://www.tamaragrant.com/www.myspace.com/maraangel
Available on sale at http://www.tamaragrant.com/http://www.amazon.com/

No comments: