Monday, October 08, 2007

Are you a sports mom?

I can't speak for anyone else but I am the proverbial soccer, football, basketball, track and field, baseball, will whoop you if you say anything bad about my kid mom.

I am the average sport's enthusiasts worse nightmare. I'm the wild-haired woman running up and down the sideline, screaming for you to move the stroller--complete with sleeping baby--out of my way when my kid is about to kick a goal.

I'm the woman standing up, blocking your view in the bleachers when my kid makes a great hit on the running back.

I'm the woman chewing the umpires butt down to gristle when he calls a strike.

I am the woman heckling the referees when they call a foul.

And I'm definitely the woman about to burst your eardrums when my kid is crossing the finish line, first or not.

You see, I LOVE sports. Football is my favorite. I watch games galore and go into a funk when February rolls around. Yet, I can't seem to get into the arena football at all. Just seems worse than high school to me. I am excitable anyways and when it's my flesh and blood playing, it just increases my excitement.

I know many think I need a dose of Prosac...but it ain't gonna happen. And if you say too much, we'll exchange words and...I really don't want to show up on YouTube as a video but I MUST do what I must do to protect my child's honor, right? LOL.

So what about you? You a sport's enthusiast for you kid?

No comments: