Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Cliff...I'll never understand a man's logic


Cliff

What kind of man just walks out on his family? I guess I never knew that man could be me. I was suffocating and there was no way that I could achieve my goals if I continued to live under the same roof as Patrice. I love that woman. I love my daughter. There is only so much that one man can take though. The threats, the abuse, the yelling and screaming. It wasn't what I envisioned when I dreamt of that happy home that we all want.Patrice and I have been together since high school. She was what I saw in my future. There was no one else. There was just no way to make her understand that. You just can't rationalize with her. She gets into these rages and then all hell breaks loose. One minute she's this sweet, loving woman. The next, she's attacking me violently and accusing me of things I didn't do. We're supposed to take the Bar Exam soon. How are we supposed to concentrate on accomplishing all that we planned if I can't be in the same room as you half of the time?Don't get me wrong, I would never put my hands on a woman- EVER! But Patrice drives me to that point where I want to hurt her. That's when I knew that it was time to go. I won't be gone for long though. Right now, I have to clear my head and get on point to pass this exam. I- I mean, we had a goal of becoming lawyers and I intend on making that happen so that I can provide for my daughter. My child is the best thing that ever happened to me. And to be honest, I thought that motherhood would make Patrice mellow out, but I was wrong. So I've made my decision to go stay with my mom and get on my feet. I know that I have to still provide for my family even if I'm not there, so I'm committed to doing that. I just hope that my daughter can understand the type of sacrifice that I'm making here and that there will be no ill feelings between us. I promised that I would be back for her, and I always keep my promises.

Promises Made, Promises Kept
http://www.tamaragrant.com/, www.myspace.com/maraangel Available for sale at www.tamaragrant.com and amazon.com

Check out my novel "Promises Made, Promises Kept"! ISBN 0-931761-33-6 http://www.tamaragrant.com/
Or leave a comment for me on www.myspace.com/maraangel
Tamara Angela Grant

No comments: