Monday, October 15, 2007

Tamara Grant guest blogging this week...


People ask me when did I know that I wanted to write. My answer- when I learned to read.

Writing is not a hobby to me, it's my passion. I'm an avid reader, so I love to get caught up in the worlds that other authors create for me to enjoy. There is nothing better than picking up a book and time stopping as you say to yourself, "I just have to know what happens next!" You're flipping through the pages, about to burst because you have to know what the character is going to do next. Now as a writer, I can bring people into my world, into my realm of thought and hook them the same way that my favorite authors do for me. Writing is a beautiful thing. It allows me to not only express myself, but to be therapeutic for my readers as well.

People are reading my work and saying, "I've felt the way that Mia did when I was that age," when they talk to me about my debut Promises Made, Promises Kept. They have come to me and talked about my characters as if they were as real as you and I. It always makes me smile, because that's the way I feel when I read the authors that I like. My characters will always be people with real problems and feelings. I'm intrigued with the way that people react and interact with each other. The characters in my books will not always make the right decisions and things will not always end happily ever after. They will be in conflict with each other and themselves. They will be hooked on drugs, promiscuous, walk out on their spouses and families. I promise, if you don't find yourself in my characters, you will find someone that you know. My characters are not necessarily based on real people, but they are based on real emotions that we all will feel or have felt before. That's why you will be able to connect and cheer for them!
Promises Made, Promises Kept is the first of many books to come. There are plenty of stories floating around in my head. I hope that the literary world is ready! So sit back with your hot cocoa or your steaming cup of tea and get ready and grab one of my books! Tamara Angela Grant has much more on the way and I'm here to stay!

Check out my novel "Promises Made, Promises Kept"! ISBN 0-931761-33-6
http://www.tamaragrant.com/
Or leave a comment for me on www.myspace.com/maraangel
Tamara Angela Grant

No comments: