Monday, October 15, 2007

Mia sets things straight...


Mia

Life is so unpredictable. Here I am trying to pick up the pieces of my family when I'm supposed to only be worried about things that teens worry about. You know things like what boy I like or what I'm going to wear to school tomorrow so I can look real fly. But no, I have to figure out how my otherwise normal life went into a tailspin.

You could say that it started when my dad walked out. No goodbyes. No "I'll see you later." He just didn't come back home. No warnings. No closure.Living in a two parent home wasn't all it was cracked up to be, but come on, who doesn't want that? Sure my parents were always at each other's throats and they were arguing all of the time. I wonder if they ever knew that I was listening in when they argued? There was a lot of love in my home too, but I guess it wasn't enough to keep my dad at home with us.

So now I'm pissed 'cause my dad rolled out on us. he could have let me know about how my mom flips out though. I heard my aunt, who is her twin sister, say something about her needing to take the medication that she is prescribed. Maybe that's why he left. Shit, I really don't know what's going on anymore. All I know is that I prefer to chill at my aunt's house where shit ain't so crazy. I get a little piece of mind there. I love both of my parents, but I'm too young to have to deal with their mess.My dad breezes back through and promises that he's going to be back for me. Thanks, but no thanks. I think I'll be just fine without you here.

My mom promises that she will get herself together and be a better parent. But that's in between puffs of weed and when she doesn't have some random man coming in and out of our house.Really, I don't believe either one of them. I'm just glad that I have my aunt and my cousin here with me to have my back!

There's been so much going on in my life already at 16 years old, what else could possibly happen next?

Promises Made, Promises Kept
http://www.tamaragrant.com/www.myspace.com/maraangel

Available for sale at http://www.tamaragrant.com/ and amazon.com

No comments: