Friday, October 12, 2007

Love...Redux

I originally posted this over at my friend Minnie Miller's blog:http://msprissy-dreamweaver.blogspot.com/ but after yesterday and the ridiculous comic book sex references, I was stressed and needed to read this again. I also wanted my fans to also read what I had to say BUT there is more, much more I had to say in my visit with Ms. Minnie. You'll just have to travel over to Ms. Minnie's blog to read it for yourself though. LOL.

Syd*************

LOVE!

Something that everyone desires to have tons of. It's amazing how the routine thought process is that love is a "woman's" thing. Not true. Hide behind the gruff exterior, clamp down on your emotions, but men love L-O-V-E as much as any woman.

But how do we view love? Do we have a healthy view? Respect, everyone feels they are getting what they deserve out of the relationship? Or is it toxic? Let's just say things are...lacking, for whatever reason in whatever area.

A few years ago, my agent submitted a romantica novella I'd written to various publishing houses. I'll never forget the comment one company, I think it was Avon books, gave me: Great imaginative writing, just not "romantic" enough.

Now my friends (i.e. local critic group) thought the piece was a killer. The sex was sizzling, the situations over the top...A WINNER. Then, I'm told it wasn't romantic enough.An eye-opener indeed.Made me rethink my whole love viewpoint. Made me rethink the focus of my "romantica."

See, in my writing experience, toxic love sells, especially in the AA community. Sad but true, but I'm finding that the more one-night-stands, infidelity, and degrading sex/toxic love you can put on a page, the faster the check arrives in the mail. That had to change. I've made a commitment to my writing fans that sex will either be paranormal (ghosts) or within the confines of marriage.

Unrealistic?

Not really. I was reared in a two-parent household and my parents were married 44 years until my mother’s death this year, so out of all the people in the world why wouldn't I believe in deep, committed love?I do and I plan to stay true to my True to Life Colors.

Syd

Sydney Molare' Books...Fiction that satisfies the soul...

http://www.sydneymolare.com/,

Do you MySpace? http://www.myspace.com/sydneymolare; http://blog.myspace.com/sydneymolare

1 comment:

L.E.E. Design said...

This is a very great, great thought. I wonder if more people had the "good sex" thoughts around them instead of the "bad sex" thoughts, if your relationships would last longer & be stronger in the world today?

Jessica Dockter