Saturday, January 29, 2005

There is always room for another good book!

Author jealousy. Did you hear the collective gasp. Oh no! This doesn't happen/doesn't exist/I-love-all-my-fellow-authors...yeah right. Author jealousy is a very REAL institution. You know, no congrats on your good news. No fellowship when you are at conferences. Eye rolling, lip smacking because all the books on the table are actually yours.

I just don't get it. If you r book is good, folks will always continue to look for your work. AND if you are floating off of past accolades, you've got to step up the pace or your readership will dwindle. I'd rather be a striving good writer than a "has been" writer putting out junk. But then again...hmmm...if I float on my name and put out a bunch of novels, I can retire earlier...I can now see the logic. Carry on!

1 comment:

CydneyR said...

Ha ha, interesting blog. Welcome to the publishing industry. Just like one big semi-happy family. LOL.