Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Talk to your food? Intuitive Cooking with author Dyan Garris!

Hello everyone. Today we have a guest, author/clairvoyant Dyan Garris, whose latest release in her Voices of the Angels series is: Talk to your Food: Intuitive Cooking.

For many years, Dyan Garris has been counseling clients in order to help them positively move forward in their lives. She is clairvoyant, clairsentient, and clairaudient. In addition, Dyan is also what is known as a voice recognition psychic and trance channel. This means that she can help her clients via phone, which is how she conducted her readings throughout her career.

Growing up in Illinois, Dyan became aware of her clairvoyance, and other gifts, at a very young age. She spent years learning how to appropriately use these gifts for good and to help others.In 2005 she created a CD series of music and meditation for self-healing, relaxation, chakra balancing, and vibrational attunement. Her interest in music began as a child. A blind piano teacher taught her to “feel” music and “see” through different eyes and influenced her at a young age. Dyan continued her music studies with the violin. Through the violin, she learned how easily music vibrates throughout the body and, hence, all of the chakras. This was her first lesson of how the power of music and sound could be used for healing.

New Age recording artist and creator of a music and meditation CD series for vibrational attunement, Dyan Garris is the author of the innovative cookbook, Voice of the Angels Cookbook – Talk To Your Food! – Intuitive Cooking. This is not just an ordinary cookbook. The artist calls it an adventure in opening one's creative centers.“Intuitive cooking is listening to your inner voice and hearing what your body wants to be fed,” explains Garris. “Communicate with your food so that it can transform from raw ingredients into what nourishes you on every level. We all have the ability to create that which resonates for us in a complete, healthy way. It’s vibrational attunement of mind, body and spirit using food, rather than sound frequency, as in my CD series. This does not necessarily translate into lettuce and tofu,” she continues. “You learn to make what your body wants in a loving and delicious way. My goal is to teach people to feed not only the body, but the mind and spirit, as well. Turn ordinary food into something special. Talk to it!”

The cookbook is available at the author’s website: http://www.voiceoftheangels.com/, where Garris posts an inspirational Daily Channeled Message.

The cookbook includes twelve channeled messages, such as, "The Secret Recipe of Life," “Ode to Popcorn," and numerous "Intuitively Speaking" paragraphs .The book comes with a warning: This is real food! A variety of original recipes are included, from sinfully rich “Love Bars," to "Healing Soup," easy fish recipes, and skillet suppers, incorporating enticing blends of colors and flavors. The author's Greek heritage shines through in such recipes as "Easy Baklava Roll-Ups."Garris learned to cook from her grandmother. “She didn’t measure anything! I would ask, ‘How much?’ She replied, ‘Some.’ ” This fueled Garris’ curiosity about food preparation. Her family’s restaurateur background allowed Garris to further develop her culinary skills. “I’ve been talking to my food for as long as I can remember!”

12 comments:

Cheryl said...

Sounds like you've got a lot going on in your creative world Dyan. I wish you great success.

Cheryl

Dyan said...

Hi Sydney. Thank you for hosting me today. I appreciate it. I'll be checking in several times over the course of the day to answer any questions anyone has about my work. It's a pleasure to be here!

Dyan said...

Hello Cheryl: Yes, so much going on in my creative world. Thank you for the well wishes. Spirit and I are building something. We're building a framework, a blueprint -tools for transformation that anyone can use for positive, forward change in their lives. The inuitive cookbook is just one part of that. If just one person makes good use of the tools, then I've been successful.

Dennis N. Griffin said...

Sydney,

Thanks for hosting Dyan and her wonderful book!

Denny

thewriterslife said...

Omg, have you all heard her music? Go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJfCQgg5VvY and listen to her YouTube. Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I have to admit to being intrigued. I talk to my animals, but don't recall having too many conversations with my food. Do you think that through the power of decent conversation I could convince the carbs and fats not to join their million or so cousins on my gut?! LOL! I jest but I am also amazed and congratulate you on such a novel approach to food and spirituality.

Dyan said...

Thank you Dorothy! My new CD, "Release," is currently being promoted. I don't have the radio report quite yet. It's due out any time now. I'll let you know how we're doing. Last year my CD Spiritus Sanctus Volume 2 qualified for two NAR Lifestyle awards and is still being spun over a year later. Music Choice's Soundscapes cable TV channel plays my song "Illusions" a lot. As I said, all my work goes together. It's vibrational attunement of mind, body, spirit. It's a way of balancing oneself in a complete way. The cookbook is basically about being in the present moment and feeding not only the body, but the mind and spirit as well. It's about balance. So, one might say, perhaps they want doughnuts or something like that. I say that's fine, but make them yourself so you know what's in there, have fun doing it, get really creative, and don't eat an entire dozen.

Dyan said...

Penelope, your sense of humor and spirit shine through. LOL! We have to keep our sense of humor always. One should eat what they feel vibrationally attuned with. It's a way of honoring the body and the body is the vehicle that we express our spirit through. Everything has a vibration, including food, which plant or animal, was once alive. That vibration is still there. And it's all a matter of being in the present moment with whatever you're doing, making, eating, writing, singing, reading and so on. My work is about getting in tune with yourself and balancing yourself. So many people are just mindlessly eating and who knows what's in some of this so called "food." Some don't even know how to cook or don't even want to. I tried to put some really simple recipes in the book, yet also some recipes that one would really have to focus on too. I've explained this all more fully on my blog: http://voiceoftheangels.com

Dyan said...

Ooops! Here is the correct address for my blog. Sorry! http://blog.voiceoftheangels.com

Maureen Fisher said...

Your cheesecake looks heavenly!

sydney molare said...

Welcome Dyan! I've been in meeting all day and just checking in. I can't wait to speak to your tomorrow morning and Carol, my co-host, is chomping at the bit. She is so intuitive. I am too but she seems to be a bit more intuitive than me.

I've always told people, esp. when they are trying to lose weight, you can't eat foods your body hates and lose the weight. It won't last. You have to decrease the amounts, moderate, but eat what your taste buds crave.

Dyan said...

Sydney: Thank you! So true about food and weight loss! The body knows what it wants and also given enough time the body will heal itself as well. I, too am looking forward to our interview.

Dyan