Monday, September 17, 2007

Minnie Miller Continues to Shine!


My creativity had pushed to the forefront of my mind in 1976. I enrolled in The Chicago School of The Art Institute—the “Tony” art school.


At the school, my activist mind came alive. African Americans were being ignored, although there many very, very talented artists in our groups, especially our young men. I was mad as hell and said, “I’m not taking anymore,” and left after a three semesters. I met an African American lawyer while working at the ACLU. I became his secretary. In his private practice, he was the lawyer for the Black Panther Party. That's a book in itself. I have years of journals hidden away. I won’t go into it here.



Minnie E Miller
Author of The Seduction of Mr. Bradley
The Seduction of Mr. Bradley
http://www.millerscribs.com/
www.msprissy-dreamweaver.blogspot.com/ www.myspace.com/minnie_e


1 comment:

Terry Doherty said...

The events that comprise life's journeys -- a UPI blurb, an outburst in a journal -- are the nuggets of great stories (and blog musings!) Glad to know we'll have many more opportunities to read.

Terry Doherty
The Reading Tub, Inc.