Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Ten Things You Did Not know About Shai Davis!


1. I don't like English, don't shoot me scholars.


2. When I was younger, I wanted to be a teacher, then a beautician, and then a business executive. Never a writer.


3. My full name is Shai(rhymes with hay) Lynn Kai Davis. Shai Lynn is my first name. My mom says Kai is pronounced Kaia. I changed the pronunciation and it rhymes with sky.


4. The first poem I ever wrote was called Alone and it is the only poem I know by heart.


5. My only international publication has been in Essence magazine.


6. I have been writing poetry off and on for 20 years, I never planned to share it with the world. Then I shared it publicly in 2000.


7. When I was a teen, I was fascinated with Billie Holiday, I used to sit in the library for hours reading about her.


8. I love to research as a hobby.


9. I used to suck my thumb until I was 9 and I got an orthodontic device to stop it. I was nicknamed Jaws.


10. Edgar Allan Poe's The Raven was my favorite poem in high school.
Visit Shai's Blog at: http://drawn2words. blogspot. com

3 comments:

Sylvia Hubbard said...

i like how you changed your name, shai!

and i was fasinated by the raven too when I first heard it!!

Mizrepresent said...

OMG Shai,

My first poem was called "Alone" too! That is too funny and i also remember it, we ought to share one day.

prioritybooks said...

Shai,
# 9 is me. I only stopped because I got sick of my parents putting stupid stuff on it to make me stop. Right now I love spicy hot foods. Wondered where I get that from....