Monday, February 19, 2007

"Laissez les bons temps rouler!"


Can you tell a chick has been to Mardi Gras? Yep, this was my first time and I had a ball! It's everything they say and more! Yep, I saw the folks baring their chests--and behinds--for trinkets thrown from the balconeys and girls were doing the same for the huge crowd below. Liquor flowed freer than water and guess what? Nobody was complaining. The people were nice as all get out even though we were packed in Bourbon Street like Sardines. I walked, ate and gawked for 12 hours straight!

Of course the highlight was the parades. I managed to see three, the last being the Krew of Bacchus, the god of wine. James Gandolfino--The Sopranos star- was the honorary King? for the night. Forgive me Louisianians, if I don't have all the venacular down pat. He looks just like he does on television too!

Okay, so back to writing for me. It was a great mini-vacation and I'd definitely recommend it to any and every one! BUT don't drink too much, bathrooms were precious commodity!

Peace out,

Syd

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

did you show your tit? i swear there were drunk women and men all over the place. i hollered when we found ourselves in "gay town."