Thursday, February 01, 2007

Damp weather, damp muse

I'm one of those persons who suffers from the winter blues--Seasonal Affective Disorder--is the proper terminology. No matter how I try to make sure I eat correctly, take mineral/vitamin/herbal supplements or fool my mind, just as soon as the sun hibernates, I want to also.

I'm the sun-loving, too hot to breath weather type of woman. The hotter, the better. Bring it on! Right now, its rainy and cold in Mississippi. Blah!!!! This 3 weeks of cold weather makes me itch! My muse is even crying, moaning, refusing to come out and spark a neuron or two that can be transcribed into legible prose.

BUT, the beauty of nature is that it is cyclical. By March, I'll be in short sleeves; by April short pants and sweating as I take my daily walk. So, until then I'll keep repeating my latest mantra (it changes weekly): "Spring is coming, spring is coming."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This has become a rather dreary winter; Hasn't it? Here in Texas with such a balmy Christmas, we thought we'd meandered out of it with only a few chilly days, but come January everything changed. It has been COLD!!! And I am soooo looking forward to stripping down to a skimpy swimsuit (Hide the kiddies...it won't be pretty) and getting some sun come summer! In the meantime you might be able to coax your muse out with a margharita, or a glass of Hypnotik. Works for me! ;D

sydney molare said...

An intoxicated muse can be a dangerous thing. My mother-in-law always said, "Listen to the words of a drunk man. He's always telling the truth." I'd hate to tear one on and let my pen--and emails--fly! I'll just keep the heat cranked up and hope that she will thaw out soon...