Friday, September 01, 2006

My, how the time flies!

One minute, its the beginning of Summer, the next, we're almost into Fall! It seems like I didn't get enough rest, vacation time or mind peace and its time to began again.

I've had some great news in the MY bookworld:

First off, Devil's Orchestra is still getting rave reviews. That makes me very, very proud.

Secondly, my story "Overhaul" did make it into the first edition of Caramel Flava, edited by Zane. I'm on page 230. That's 230.

Thirdly, Satisfy Me, which includes my novella "Her Wildest Fantasy" has a definite drop date of Dec 26, 2006. AND I just received a contract for the second one. I'm gonna wedge this door open a little wider and give them a full length novel in a minute.

And yep, looks like I'm doing a little touring again. I kick it off Oct 6 - 8 at the Marvelously Mature Weekend in Dallas, Tx. This event is hosted by Evelyn Paltry and I expect to have a blast. Grandmama's Mojo Still Working will be my headliner for that event.

Mid Oct finds me in Jackson at the Jackson Mississipp Reader's Club monthly meeting. Devil's Orchestra will play a ghoulish host for this event.

Oct 28 is my double-header day. I'm in Collins, MS for a booksigning from 10 - 2 followed by, going home, getting gussied up, and attending the Mississippi Best Awards, where I'll be up for Best Author- fiction.

November 9-11, I'm on the road again. Detroit, MI this time for the Motown Writers Conference. I hope to meet up and greet all those wonderful women writers I've been conversing with. It's time!!!!!

Well, that's it for now. I'll post more as my schedule unveils itself!

2 comments:

Erica N. Martin said...

Wow Syd! Your a busy woman! Can't wait to see you at the Motown Writers Conference in November. Keep doing your thing!!

Rose said...

You are definitely a very busy author. This is wonderful news.