Saturday, August 13, 2005

When is Breaking the Bank Worth It?

I believe in spending money wisely. And i know many times authors spend money, money, money and get consignments, forgotten promises and low purchases. I want to level this playing field a bit since I already know which way the wind tends to blow. Namely, I want to put on an event and actually recoup my money plus some.

I cannot and will not (if I can help it) be bound by the logic that I will lose money before I even began. I'm not rich and if that is the case, I'll hold onto my dollars and find lower cost alternatives. For example, how many of you have held an online book launch? Just set up a chat and talk your butt off about your upcoming book. Make the rounds. Find the radio station. Get an angle and promote your platform.

All I know is I plan to put MORE into my authoring--that's more time, energy, creativity. The money I'll continue to watch like a hawk. I've tried it the "normal" way, let's see how far I get taking the "alternative" route!

Wish me luck!

Want your nights to sizzle? Try THE POUT, @ www.thepout.blogspot.com

No comments: