Monday, August 04, 2008

Loving Me!


I recently read a list entitled: Reasons why Black Men won't date Black Women. It was NOT nice...and then we wonder why our relationships aren't getting stronger. We keep feeding into this type of BS. You know, I've NEVER seen a why other races don't date their own races list...except for African Americans. This self-destruction doesn't make sense folks!

So, this new list was posted that I thought was definitely wonderful.... Hope you enjoy it like I did...OK, I've vented.


25 THINGS BROTHERS SHOULD BE SAYING TO SISTERS

1) I love you

2) I just called to hear your voice.

3) Is there anything I can do to make things better?

4) You look nice today.

5) Did you lose some weight?

6) You complete me.

7) I missed you.

8) No matter what happens, we will get through this together.

9) Our kids just don't know how lucky they are to have you as a mother.10) Enjoy your night out with the girls.

11) I'm sorry.

12) You did a good job.

13) I need you.

14) If that's what you really want to do, I'm behind you all the way.

15) I'm proud of you.

16) Let's go out tonight.

17) God must have spent a little more time on you.

18) Whenever you're frustrated, depressed, confused or feeling that thewhole world is closing in on you, remember that I'm here for you.

19) I'll take the kids with me; you need a break.

20) You were right; I was wrong.

21) I trust you.

22) Did you make an appointment to get a mammogram and Pap smear?

23) I don't care what anyone says, I know i couldn't have done itwithout you.

24) Thank you for being the woman that you are.

25) If they turned the clocks back, I'd marry you all over again.


Making a woman feel like a woman and reassuring her that she's yourwoman are the most powerful ingredients in an incandescent loverelationship.Remember Brothers, there is extraordinary power in the spoken word.So if you have a woman in your life who has changed your life, then startto speak up!

6 comments:

LISA VAZQUEZ said...

Hello there,

I wrote a post titled, "Deconstructing the Husband Shortage and the Scarcity of Black Wives" and I listed the reasons black men gave for why black women were not marriageable and the reasons that black women gave for why black men were not marriageable. Their lists WERE NOT the same.

I don't think black women should care ONE BIT if black men want white women...there are plenty of men of other races out there...

Please feel welcome to stop by my blog any time and jump into the conversation flow!

Peace, blessings and DUNAMIS!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I love black women. I am a Latino. Thanks God I met a wonderful black woman. she is beautiful. She's 35 and was never married. Well.. first time with me. it is a privilege for me

sydney molare said...

If you can't love your own, you've got a serious flaw in your makeup. You are saying I don't like ME. Never that.

Never200 said...

I agree - it is incredibly sad that that list even exists. I think your list of things should be said frequently by both black men and women.

tEkgurl said...

I just finished reading Phoebe Eng's book Warrior Lessons and she discusses why assimilated minorities often date outside of their race and what she has to say really makes sense. It at least provided me with a realistic perspective enough not to lose my freaking mind every time I see a black man with a white or asian chick. The book in itself, is absolutely incredible. She writes it from the perspective of her own experience, but if you are ambitious and working to cultivate your own identity in the face of cultural stereotypes, this book is freaking amazing. For me it was like looking into a mirror of my own experience, and it allowed me to develop a newfound appreciation of what women of color struggle to overcome on a daily basis... including the internalized oppression that is transferred upon us from our own men.

GemisMyName said...

This is wonderful and much more productive list. Thank You!!